MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Randall Knives Forum

Randall Knives Forum Discuss Randall Knives

Old 08-09-2007, 08:46 PM
Steel Addict

Moosehead,

Dude that's too Funny! As for the 8.........let me go get my crayons & I'll double check ya!

Old 04-02-2012, 08:33 PM
Registered

The one that got me started was a Model 14 Stainless with Saw Teeth. Bought it straight from Doug Kenefeck at his house in the mid 1970s. Wish I still had that one but today I received a new #4-6 Fighter and I am estatic over that one even though its a standard model.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:47 PM

Hi NovaTact and welcome to the Knife Network!

Thanks for reviving this five year old thread and congratulations on your new #4-6 "Fighter". Whenever you have the chance I'm sure our members would appreciate seeing photo or two of your latest acquisition.

By the way, I can't help seeing the irony in the title of this thread and the fact that eleven members who posted on it have "disappeared" from this forum. Obviously tastes DO change...

Cheers!

David

Old 04-07-2012, 02:19 PM
Enthusiast

I'm a fairly recent Randall-holic and my taste has changed in just the short time I have been ordering knives. After an agonizing process, I ordered a Model 14 first, expecting to continue with all of the fighting knives. When I received my first order confirmation letter and saw the black silhouette picture of the Bear Bowie in the letterhead, I was hooked. I had at first thought that the Bear Bowie looked weird and not like a "real" Bowie when I saw it in the catalog. I seem to have developed a liking for knives with graceful curves in the blade. I also am very much in love with the Model 4 -6" Fighter too for the same reason. Only time will tell what will catch my fancy next!

Last edited by DTHN2LGS; 04-07-2012 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Grammar and spelling.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:18 AM
Steel Addict

My tastes have changed. I started out by wanting one of every Model in the catalog.

While I was trying to collect all 27, at the time, I was also thinking I wanted black micarta handles on the models where I could choose handle material. I did not get that far, although I did manage to collect at least one of each 27, now 28.

Then I fell for the Model 5. To me the best all around model of them all. I kind of went over the top buying 5's. Now I am focused on Low S and Separate S 5's. I am hoping my impending retirement will bring me back to reality, as far as buying knives, and not drive me to the poor house. But with the Blade Show on the horizon, things aren't looking like I have changed my ways, yet!

I recently have been giving some thought to selling most of my non 5's to fuel my 5 fetish. Haven't come to a definitive plan, yet.

So yeah, for me, things, wants and ideas change. I know of a few collectors who collections evolve as time passes. That is part of the fun, I think.

Tags
blade, bowie, knife, knives, material, randall