MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Randall Knives Forum

Randall Knives Forum Discuss Randall Knives

Old 07-15-2008, 12:21 PM
Steel Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to Raindog
Dead?

It has been 13 days since the last posting in this forum. I am just as much at fault as others for not posting. Are we dying as a group?

- Ronald Reagan
Old 07-15-2008, 08:09 PM
Steel Addict

Talking

Friends,

Sure hope that were all not...Dead! Way too many Randalls to talk about..and Build!

Kent
Old 07-16-2008, 11:03 AM
Steel Addict

I for one have made a bad habit of responding & not starting posts here.......maybe time for a change

Old 07-16-2008, 01:50 PM
Skilled

Chief, Sorry I didn't meet you at Blade. I value friends and acquaintances who see the trees as well as the forests!

I think many good posts here have been brushed aside by those few who only visit to throw another dart at the balloons. Several good posts have been started here which died a quick and painful death by silence. Several of the forums at the "other" place have not had a post in over three months. We are far from dead here. Our moderators are busy with life as it happens to those who do not make their living from knives and knife shows but enjoy them immensely as a hobby. What does it say about one who clamors to make one word posts consisting of Brass, stag, stainless or leather to have a chance to get their number drawn and then puts the "winning" knife on eBay? I think I hear another forum calling you. Most of the ideas for posts you see on other forums were started here to begin with and to continuously recycle those seems not very fulfilling to me. Now, your affection for a newly acquired Randall of importance to you and your collection whether it is three knives or three hundred and what you intend to do with it, what drew you to it and what will keep it in your collection is much more interesting to me. Or why have you centered your collection around certain patterns or characteristics? Do you despise man-made handle material? Why? Do you hate stainless? Why? I know a guy here who will shun a hundred stag knives and then fall all over himself for one and grin ear to ear. Why do you reckon he does that? Randall Made Knives was begun by a man with a dream which was fueled by those who appreciated what he was doing and shared his idea of what a "good" knife was. Isn't this still true or is it how glommed up you can get one and then sell it at a profit?

Thanks Chief for getting me going and thanks for your post!

Seuss
Old 07-16-2008, 02:45 PM
Steel Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to Raindog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seussbrother
What does it say about one who clamors to make one word posts consisting of Brass, stag, stainless or leather to have a chance to get their number drawn and then puts the "winning" knife on eBay? I think I hear another forum calling you.
I get the idea that this was pointed at me and, if so, I don't understand the attack. I have won the right to purchase one knife here and it is still in my possession. I have also posted many pics here, both mine and others, as well as participating in debates over knife builds.

I did not make my post to get anyone's dander up. But when I check in for two weeks running without a post it makes me wonder. I recently closed down a forum for knifemakers that wasn't being supported, so I understand the angst that mods and forum owners go through to promote traffic. If anything, my post was meant to spur people to post. To call to the troops about the plight of the forum.

If the feeling is that I should leave, I will, without a regret. I don't make a habit of sticking around where I am not wanted. And I have a limit on free time as it is.

gary

- Ronald Reagan
Old 07-16-2008, 02:58 PM
Skilled

Not necessarily...

Gary,
I am certainly not speaking for Seuss, but I do not thing he is necessarily singling you out on this. As a matter of fact, I know of a Randall "build" purchased by a totally "different" member that was sold on eBay. That most "certainly" was not you! I know you. I know you better after meeting you this past weekend and I want you to "stay" I want anyone to stay that can contribute. If someone contributes and posts up, we cannot afford to run 'em off. Stick around, brother. Best, The "Captain"

Old 07-16-2008, 04:55 PM
Skilled

Gary, I in no way described you in my diatribe. My mistake was posting an answer to Chief who was posting on the thread you started and I should have started a new thread myself. It just got me to thinking. That's all. We welcome all who want to post about their Randall knives. You have been with us for a long time and we don't want to lose you. I have a soft spot in my heart for people with feelings and emotion and likewise, a hard spot in my heart for people who live for what they can pry out of life for free without any contribution of their own. That may not even be true of the person who sold the Randall on eBay. To put it a better way, I have no use for people who have full stomachs and stand in a bread line and upon receiving their loaf would go the end of the line to sell their bread to one who is starving.

We would like to see more people participate in this forum. It is a good place and good people post here. I will try to do better myself.

Seuss
Old 07-16-2008, 07:26 PM
Steel Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The "Captain"
Gary,
I am certainly not speaking for Seuss, but I do not thing he is necessarily singling you out on this. As a matter of fact, I know of a Randall "build" purchased by a totally "different" member that was sold on eBay. That most "certainly" was not you! I know you. I know you better after meeting you this past weekend and I want you to "stay" I want anyone to stay that can contribute. If someone contributes and posts up, we cannot afford to run 'em off. Stick around, brother. Best, The "Captain"
All:

For what it's worth, I reckon the "different" member would be me. And I took the money from a knife that didn't fit my needs nor my hand too well and bought one that would. Did not know it was a crime. Keep looking and you'll probably see another up for sale. Some of you have unlimited access and means to buy every Randall you want, some of us don't. I have a list of Randall's that I would like to aquire in my life and when I can pick one up I do. If "winning" the right to purchase a knife speeds up the process I see it as smart collecting. After shipping and fees it's not like I made a huge profit on it.

RKS #5224
Old 07-16-2008, 08:00 PM
Skilled

hold on, dude!

If you're gonna quote me, get it right. I said early on in this thread that I did not care what folks did with the knife. I still feel as though it was yours to do with as you like...."BUT"...You had much earlier chances to explain yourself. When the auction was brought to our attention, you said nothing. Why now? No, Steve: I'm afraid you sold that build for a profit and that's too bad. I have told you on the phone before and every other customer I have that I do not want "any" customer to have a Randall knife, purchased from me, that they don't like. Just send it back and I will get exactly what you want made within 6 months...and that "includes" the Randall shop delays! You cannot get it done any faster...ANYWHERE!!
Think about it: I get a Randall to immediately sell and you get what you want. EVERYBODY WINS!! I still want you around and want you contributing, but if ya' bought something from Cabelas and it didn't fit...You'd send it back and get something that would. The "other" excuse sounds to me like....Well...An excuse! Stick around, along with everybody else. There ain't that many of us..Best, The "Captain"

Old 07-16-2008, 08:43 PM
Steel Addict

Hey Gary sounds like we're all alive & kicking
But all things being what they are......I like it here, no BS it's just that we need to stay with it.

Old 07-17-2008, 12:11 AM
Steel Addict

"If you're gonna quote me, get it right. I said early on in this thread that I did not care what folks did with the knife."

Apparently you do care or it wouldn't have come up. And I addressed the response to "All".

"You had much earlier chances to explain yourself. When the auction was brought to our attention, you said nothing"

Explain myself?...for what? This is the first time I've seen where you all have been pissed at me.

"Just send it back and I will get exactly what you want made within 6 months...and that "includes" the Randall shop delays! You cannot get it done any faster...ANYWHERE!!"

I never really wanted to bother you with returning a perfectly good knife just because it didn't fit my needs (I have 2 #3's and though they look good I don't care for finger grips on a user.) I truly never realized you meant it as stated above above or I would have done so. If this is so, I have a #15 CDT from the other forum build I would like to exchange.

Later,

RKS #5224
Old 07-17-2008, 08:29 AM
Skilled

Stephen,
I am not going to joust with you on this forum. "I" did not bring this up, Seuss did. I still think you came on and "explained" yourself, but not in the original post (also not brought up by me) complaining about your eBay auction of our build. I do not consider it being "bothered" when one of my customers is unhappy with their Randall knife, so please, by all means contact me and swap it out! Finally: As many here know, I hate PM's. Email me at CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com and I'll email you back the address and information about the swap on your #15, CDT. .....&...I don't care what you do with the replacement. You will not see me posting up the "bitch" about it. That will be someone else. Best, The "Captain"

Old 07-17-2008, 05:55 PM

I don't do a lot of posting on this forum myself. Seems that there are so many knife forums that I've found lately that I'm giving the newest ones more attention. I like this forum because as it's been said people here are a little more civil and polite. I've recently added to my collection and just need to take pictures to post. Since I'm at work right now and don't have access to my camera or my computer I'll have to wait until I get home. I'm also guilty of using a different logon for the different forums. So just to introduce myself, I go by new2randalls on the RKS site, and use bladerunner67 on the rest. So I guess what I'm saying is, please do not shut this Forum down. I need all the outlets I can find to get my Randall fix
Dan
aka bladerunner67
aka new2randalls
Old 07-17-2008, 06:38 PM
Skilled

It's gonna cost ya! Get those pics up and on, under a new thread and we'll call it even. Glad to see you're still here. Best, The "Captain"

Tags
blade, knife, knives