MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Randall Knives Forum

Randall Knives Forum Discuss Randall Knives

Old 10-29-2013, 01:43 PM

Best way to sell some Randall things

Hi, new to this forum. I'm a early member of the Arizona Knife Collectors Association And have the club knife for last 20 or so years. I've decided to sell most of my fixed blades and concentrate on folders. In going through my stuff I found some things I'd forgotten about and would like to sell them also. I have a Randall knife I bought in the late 60's I believe. I think it's was cataloged as a # 3, not sure about that but it looks to be the same as today's #3. It has a 6 1/8" blade, stag handle with finger grooves and nickel silver hilt, black, maroon and white spacers, a duralumin cap with a acorn nut. I remember buying this knife but not the 4 Kit blades that I also have. Best I can tell I bought these thinking I would make some knives for the boys and friends but as often happens other things got in the way and they have been laying in a drawer for many years. Of the 4 one looks to be a #3 blank with KIT stamped next to the Randall Made hot stamp. The other three have been worked on to some degree. My question after this rambling is where is the best place to sell these? I can't get a handle on their worth as prices seem to be all over the place and not much about the KIT blades. I'd like them to go to someone who would either add to a collection or finish them into a usable knife. Thanks for reading and any help or information you may have.
Ed
Old 11-01-2013, 10:16 AM

Hi Ed!

I'm sorry to report that the market for knives like yours has been quite depressed for several years with no immediate recovery in sight.

Unless you really need to sell your knives, I would recommend that you hold off until the economy in general has recovered.

However, if you must sell I would suggest you try eBay with a reserve that you can live with.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

David

Old 11-02-2013, 12:32 AM

Thanks, David

Tags
bee, blades, fixed, handle, hot, kit, knife, knives, made, make, randall, spacers, stag, white