MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Randall Knives Forum

Randall Knives Forum Discuss Randall Knives

Old 11-10-2016, 09:49 PM
Skilled

Counterfeit Randall on E-bay

This is a counterfeit similar to others that originated out of Germany a couple of years ago. quite a few people got scammed. This one is better but the stamp is still bad so are spacers. I informed the seller and alerted E-bay. What I don't understand is why these fakes seemingly draw numerous bids... I suspect they are shill bids.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Used-Randall...EAAOSwKOJYJORD

Last edited by Jacknola; 11-10-2016 at 11:29 PM.
Old 11-11-2016, 05:46 AM

Thanks for the heads-up, Jack. I wish ebay would go back to when bidders were identified by their ebay name.
Old 11-12-2016, 01:08 PM
Skilled

Everyone should report these counterfeits to E-bay. Perhaps mass notifications will do some good. I warned the seller and informed E-bay it was a counterfeit. Scroll down the offering a bit and you will find a "report item" link on the far right. Clicking it will enable you to select "counterfeit" to report.

he seller claimed he is a knife dealer who is not experienced with Randalls and he asked me what was wrong. I told him I would not detail the issues, but nothing about the sheath, and the knife spacers, stamp and little things were Randall. I believe he knows the difference but is just scamming people. There are dealers who will knowingly promote a fake and willing sell a story and laugh about. They all have a screw missing in their ethical gears.

Here is a line from a couple of years ago when knifes from this counterfeiter flooded E-bay and the on line auctions. Many pictures are included.

http://www.knifenetwork.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=62322

Here is a pictures of this fake. Note that most of these knives are offered coming from Germany. We may be seeing a re-introduction of a new batch of these fakes from the same source as pictured above. Considerable shill-bidding accompanies these E-bay offerings.

Last edited by Jacknola; 11-12-2016 at 01:31 PM.
Old 11-12-2016, 07:11 PM
Skilled

Here is what the seller sent me in response to my alerting him about the fake:

"Hello,I bought that knife in Germany as an original knive.Yes,you did write to me that this knive is not authentic.
But I really don't beleive that you are the godfather himself so that I have to trust your opinion.I started 10days auction and not 1day auction so that every one has time to detect anything about the item.You are a sheating guy?
For me it is really strange that you have nothing more important to do than beeing the judge for all collectors.
And by the way my godman,not any bidder will loose Money because of Paypal-payment.
I hope you still can sleep well as Long as you see the good knive."

This is the same phraseology that the previous scams used. Perhaps if others report him.
Old 12-13-2016, 06:53 PM
Steel Addict

sounds like that fella ain't from around here........

www.BirdogForge.com
Old 12-23-2016, 11:29 PM
Skilled

Here is another one, and in my opinion, this guy is knowingly selling fakes. I reported him to E-bay and sent him a message. He replied below.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/332070901688...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

His reply: "You should know that this is not (a counterfeit).... you should also know that I am reporting you with stating false allegations"

Everyone who collects or sells older Randalls is harmed when people like this flood the market with fakes. I wish everyone would take the time to report this counterfeit to E-bay and/or send this guy a message. .
Old 12-24-2016, 08:56 AM
Steel Addict

Mass reporting will not do any good. E-bay only responds to complaints from buyers and sellers. To e-bay a Randall is simply a knife. Since the seller is selling them as a knife with pictures e-bay will leave it up to the buyers to decide if they want to bid on it. If the buyer complains e-bay will refund them through pay pal. Unfortunately most of the buyers don't realize it is a fake and then leave positive feedback.

Steve

Tags
2017, back, germany, knife, knives, randall, screw, sheath, show, spacers