MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Randall Knives Forum

Randall Knives Forum Discuss Randall Knives

Old 07-21-2008, 08:32 PM
Steel Addict

Other than Randall knives?

Anybody collect any knives that aren't Randalls? I have an affection for nice folders. Here is the bulk of my collection. Some McCartys, a Chris English, Mel Pardue, Charlie Morris, William Henry, Sebenza, A Carlile and a Gerber Paul. Good quality, cool knives, all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01068.JPG (153.8 KB, 48 views)
Old 07-21-2008, 11:24 PM
Skilled

Very nice Byrdguy! Who's the daddy of that red stag slabbed jewel?

Ever handled a Bose folder? Hard to beat!

seuss
Old 07-22-2008, 09:03 AM
Skilled

"Z" Hunters!!

I came up with the name. My only claim to fame. Chris English is Zolan McCarty's grandson. After Zolan passed away, Chris started making many of his own and wonderful patterns. He kept the "Z" blade logo. He makes 4 or 5 sizes of this knife, with a couple of blade and handle shapes. I think almost everything in that left row is his work, except for one that doesn't look familiar. I'm sure Pat will pipe in and let you know...maybe even open a couple up!! and take photos!!
Nice stuff, Byrdguy!! Best, The "Captain"

Old 07-22-2008, 12:00 PM
Steel Addict

The little black one near the center of the left row looks like a William Henry "Black & Tan" with DLC coating on the blade and maybe titaniun carbide on the metal parts.
Other than Randalls, I have some William Henry folders, some Kershaws, a couple of early Al Mars, and several Mike Mooney fixed blade knives.
-Steve
Old 07-22-2008, 01:28 PM

Steve, I collect Tom Krein and Strider folders and Fixed Blades. Sorry no pictures available since I'm at work. But I'll try to take some pictures when I get home tonight and post them.
Dan
Old 07-22-2008, 07:04 PM
Steel Addict

OK Guys, Here's a better pic. The top three are Zolan made, and the two stag autos are marked "Z McCarty" but Chris English told me he made all the autos. The bottom auto is a Chris English "Z" knife. Chris learned well from his grandfather.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01071.JPG (154.6 KB, 26 views)
Old 07-22-2008, 07:30 PM
Skilled

Nice set, Pat. Best, The "Captain"

Old 07-27-2008, 10:34 PM
Enthusiast

Cool Yes

We had all of the Al Mar knives from the '91 catalog except the Presidential (Alaskan) Bowie...that was a boatload of knives. We had all of the Applegate/Fairbairn fixed blade versions from a Barry Wood prototype through to the latest Boker versions circa 2004. I believe we still have all of the Gerber MKI variations from 1976 forward, and almost all of the Gerber MKII variations from 1967 through 1985 or '86. Edna collects Jess Horn folders and has both originals and most of the collaborative models - she also collects Kershaw Leeks, of which there are about 30 different versions.

I think we have all of the Gerber 'First Folding Hunter' models made between 1967 and 1973 - although we did let a prototype slip away last year...I collected Spyderco Endura models for awhile, had around 20 or so...and for around a year and a half we took one of each Bark River knife model coming off the line in Blaze Orange, had around 30 to 35 of those as well...we've had a few knives. Oh yeah, the Remington Bullet reproductions too, we had most of those too.

With regards to RMK's, I think we've had all of the models, in most of the blade lengths with the exception of a few Dealer Specials (2), non-catalog models (2), and club knives (1)...and we never owned a Smith or Confederate Bowie. We also had most of the leather Belt buckles by Greg...

Last edited by Melvin-Purvis; 07-27-2008 at 10:40 PM.

Tags
blade, fixed blade, hunting knife, knife, knives