MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Randall Knives Forum

Randall Knives Forum Discuss Randall Knives

Old 01-22-2006, 07:03 AM

Holy Grail?

I'm sure there is more than one Holy Grail of Randall collecting.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:B:EF:US:1

This certainly has to be at or near the top of the list.

My vocabulary is short on words to describe this beauty.

Grumpa
Old 01-22-2006, 07:13 AM
Steel Addict

Yhis one would be close.... It looks dead mint.

Did you see the #1-8 she has for sale?
Old 01-22-2006, 10:48 AM

Grumpa / Tune,

Good morning, Guys!

That white Tenite 14 near took my breath away when I saw it. The sheath is CJ Moore and not Heiser. Talk about an interesting auction to watch.

The 1-8 stag should have a pin and from the pics I don't see one. I've seen a few others that were pinless in the pin era and I've always wondered what the reason(s) were for these exceptions.

Best,

Ron
Old 01-22-2006, 12:04 PM
Steel Addict

Watch!?!?!?!?!?!

Are you not bidding Bo-B?
Old 01-22-2006, 04:55 PM

That's astounding. I wonder if she had any idea of the value this would claim. Two lousy photos, five days to go, and it's at $12,500 already.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Coop

?? New website improvement for 2010 - Over 5000 images searchable by maker's name! ??
Old 01-22-2006, 09:19 PM

Tune,

I gotta' save my money for the old ones. That one was made yesterday!
Old 01-22-2006, 09:25 PM
Steel Addict

Touche'

Hoist a shot to the old ones........
Old 01-23-2006, 06:07 PM
Steel Addict

I've been in contact with her and she is speechless She has 6 more to put up but she is just trying to catch her breath She already has an offer of 20K to take it down But I think it will go above that I have given her some suggestions to have it Authenticated so she may be contacting some of you

Old 01-23-2006, 06:19 PM

Hi Dick!

I'm very glad to see that the lady has been receiving good advice from my fellow Randall collectors, who have been trying to help her, rather than take advantage.

Well done gentlemen!

Cheers!

David

Old 01-23-2006, 08:47 PM

This IS an exciting auction! True-to-form are the usual "Can I buy it RIGHT now?!" comments. Here is your well-intentioned collector:

Quote:
Hello, It is a pleasure to view such a beautiful Randall on eBay. Though I won't be in on the bidding, I will watch the bidding explode with pure enjoyment. Good Luck and if I could give any advice...do not sell this knife or any other Randall off of eBay early. Everybody is looking for that once-in-a-lifetime deal...it would be a shame for you to not get fair market value. Your husband has fine taste. Thx much for the viewing pleasure.
Still, If I was a bidder, I would NOT take quite as much pleasure from unparticipating bidders comments that can influence the final price.

She seems to have a clue. Let it fly!

Coop

?? New website improvement for 2010 - Over 5000 images searchable by maker's name! ??
Old 01-24-2006, 07:15 AM
Enthusiast

Everyone likes to get a knife as inexspensively as possible and there is nothing wrong with that. All these "goody two shoes" non-particpants that make comments on an auction with NO intention of bidding are disingenuous to say the least. What their intention is, is to try and drive the price up for participants in the auction, kind of a "sour grapes" deal. "Out of my range so somebody is gonna pay". They will argue that's not the case but that is the gist of it.

I have never seen so much BS in my life. An auction is an auction, it will find it's own level. That is why it is an auction !! Interference by non-participants shouldn't be allowed.

Would anyone walk up to a table at a show when a deal was going down and tell the seller he was selling the knife too cheap? I doubt it, unless you wanted a five knuckle sandwich from the buyer. The difference here is people can hide behind their keyboard to make their stupid comments. If it ain't your deal, butt out.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:56 AM
Hall of Famer

Send a message via Yahoo to hammerdownnow
The "sweet old granny" don't have to post those comments. She ain't as dumb as she acts. The old man should have sold his collection while he was alive and spent the money. Or is he gonna? Hmmmm. "Honey, you put it up on your ebay account, those guys know me"

Quite a sophisticated discription for her to come up with on her own. Why do I assume he is dead. heehee. must be worried about not being able to take it with me. Maybe he just ain't an ebayer type o' guy, and she needs some more ukulele money.

I trust no one on ebay. Must be getting jaded.

Anyone ask for more pics?

Last edited by hammerdownnow; 01-24-2006 at 08:05 AM.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:08 AM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerdownnow
Anyone ask for more pics?
Addtional pictures have been provided. It is what it is.

You raise a good point about the detail of the description. She is difinitely getting help from someone. She isn't getting that out of a Randall catalog.

Another good point you raise is it may be an errant assumption her husband is deceased.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:42 PM
Hall of Famer

Send a message via Yahoo to hammerdownnow
(quote)"Why do I assume he is dead?"(quote)

Probably because they would have to pry it out of my cold dead hand to sell it if it was mine..

Last edited by hammerdownnow; 01-25-2006 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:21 PM
Steel Addict

Crutch is right. If your not bidding stay out of it. With the number of people bidding on Randall's the auction will take care of it's self. If she has turned down 20k I doubt she was breathless when it hit 12,500. And everyone asking for a buy it now price isn't trying to rip the seller off. If it doesn't hit 20k I wonder if the non bidders who told her not to sell it are going to offer to make up the difference. A couple of years ago I made an offer on an RB scrim. I was turned down and ended up getting it for $ 400 less than my offer when the auction ended. The seller told me he wished he hadn't listened to the people warning him not to end the auction early. With her descriptions of both the 14 and the model 1 she has on ebay, she knows exatly what she has. These aren't the descriptions of a wife who has no idea what her husbands knives are worth.

Steve

Tags
art, back, bee, blade, buy, collecting, collector, fisherman, for sale, forge, gun, hunter, knife, knives, made, make, post, randall, rare, sale, sheath, steel, white, ww2